Makeup Review: Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer

Friday, June 22, 2012
I have terrible eyebags and dark circles due to genetics. Therefore, a good concealer is a must for me. I was supposed to buy Beige from NYX but because it was such a hassle and I had to wait, I just bought concealers from Revlon. Actually, what really persuaded me to buy from them is their buy one, get one free promo for the month of May. I've seen this product online and it was compared to YSL Touche de Eclat. Being cheap, I tried this to see if it really is a great product.

PACKAGING:
The product comes in a twist up packaging and a brush. Personally, I don't like this packaging. You can't return the product if you get too much, meaning there's a high possibility of you wasting the product. Another thing that I have to point out is the built in brush. I feel like this type of applicator is unhygienic. The bacteria that you may have picked up the other day may transfer when you apply your makeup today. 




I got the 003 shade. I believe it is Medium and it has a yellow undertone (perfect for my Asian skin). There are limited shades within this range and the colors are only suitable to women who have fairer skin. At the counter, there were only two shades available.  However, this may not be the same in other stores.

FORMULA:
The formula is a creamy type of liquid. It isn't too watery or viscous, making it easy to blend. As you can see in the pictures, the blended concealer looks invisible already. The formula may look cakey and may settle into lines sometimes. 


(unblended without flash)

(unblended with flash)

(blended without flash)

(blended with flash)

COVERAGE:
The concealer doesn't completely cover the "dark line". However, it does a great job in brightening the undereye area. I hope you can see the difference. In personal, you can really distinguish which side has the concealer on. I do find that this concealer has a gray cast.

(without flash)

(with flash)

NOTE:
The tube contains 1.18 mL. The product runs out too fast for me. It's almost 2/3 used up in only a month (I wear this concealer for 4-5 times a week)

Price: PHP 625 (but I got two of these at the price of one)
Rating: 3.75/5
Verdict: I actually like this product! It works for me wonderfully. If only it has more product in it and the price is much lower, I would consider repurchasing. For now, I will use these all up and find my HG concealer. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment