Makeup Review: DollFace 96 Color Palette

Sunday, May 20, 2012
Before I go on with the review, I would like to share first my experience with DollFace Cosmetics. I was very pleased with their service - it was easy, hassle-free, and fast. I placed my order on a Thursday and received my package on Saturday. I was also impressed with how they shipped my orders. I ordered a brush set and a palette and both were heavily wrapped in bubble wrap. Tons of bubble wrap! So if you're going to order from DollFace, you don't really need to worry that your order will be damaged upon shipping.

The 96 color palette was enclosed in this box. I already removed the plastic sheet protector on the case so I can get a better picture. The case is made of cheap plastic so be extra careful when handling this.



 Here's the list of ingredients provided at the back of the palette. Take note of the ingredients. Methylparaben has some serious harmful effects while the rest have minimal to moderate harmful effects.


Beside the mirror, you can find two dual-ended sponge tip applicators.


The palette is a combination of matte, satin, and shimmer colors. Since it's nearly impossible to swatch all 96 pans, I just swatched some chosen colors from the pinks, greens/blues, purples, and browns.

 SWATCHES (2 swipes/no primer used)


(pinks; no flash)

(pinks; with flash)

(blues/greens; no flash)

(blues/greens; with flash)

(purples; no flash)

(purples; with flash)

(browns; no flash)

(browns; with flash)

I can't deny that this palette has absolutely gorgeous colors. However, the pigmentation varies per finish. The satin and shimmer colors are more pigmented and have buttery textures. The matte ones (mostly) have bad color payoff and some colors do not even show up on my skin (When I swatch them with my fingers, the color won't transfer to another surface; they're just stuck at my fingertips). The staying power is not that great so you may want to apply primer first (to intensify the colors and to make the eyeshadow last)

I think this palette is perfect for people who are just experimenting with eye looks. For professional makeup artists, I would suggest they just buy individual pots.

I don't really know where I stand on this product. I love the colors but the pigmentation disappointed me.

I also want to give credit to my good friend, Ate Dhee, for helping me out with the transactions. <3 :)

Price: PHP 900
Rating: 3.5/5


1 comments:

Didi Reprado said...

My pleasure, sister <3

Post a Comment