Makeup Review: NYX Concealer in a Jar

Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Here is a review for my awesome find at ATC today.  My eyebags are so horrible I can probably be cast in a Tim Burton film so I am looking for holy grail concealer. I've heard good reviews on this concealer and I considered buying this online. NYX is a makeup brand available in US, and some European countries but it is not locally available so I grabbed the chance to buy this the moment I saw this on the stands. Initially, I was going to buy the orange corrector but it wasn't available so I got medium instead.


SWATCHES:

(unblended)

(blended; no flash)

(blended; with flash)



PROS:
  • With a few dabs of this concealer, my undereye area was brightened. The lines remained but they were less noticeable.
  • Creamy and emollient texture
  • Pigmented
  • Easy to blend.
  • Cheap
CONS:
  • The pot was so small so it might be hard if you're using your fingers to apply. I choose to apply with my hands since it warms up the product.
  • Doesn't come with a brush - for those who wish to apply it this way.
  • Didn't last too long.
  • Has a pink undertone. (not for Asians, like me)


I don't know if you can see some difference but in personal, it is pretty obvious.

Price: PHP 370
Rating: 4.75/5
Verdict: The medium shade has a pink undertone to it that may be perfect for Caucasians. I think the perfect shade for me would have been Beige but it wasn't available. The Light and Fair shades were too light for me so I got a darker one instead. I will try to buy the Beige one next time and I will see to it that I buy the orange corrector. My eyebags are too dark for just a concealer. Overall, this is a great product. It just happened that I got an incorrect shade.

0 comments:

Post a Comment