Makeup Review: Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Tuesday, May 1, 2012
For gals with short and straight lashes like me, it is recommended that we use a volumizing mascara. A volumizing mascara has a thicker formula compared to regular ones. Girls with longer eyelashes can do away with any mascara although it is advisable to look for a mascara which has a more "liquid" formula. The wand also plays an important role because it does half the job of a mascara. There are different types of wands and each kind does a specific task. It is important that you find a mascara depending on your needs and lashes. One mascara may work out for your friend, while it may not do anything great to your eyelashes.

I also recommend to buy drugstore mascara. Mascaras should be replaced at least every 3 months. Because this cosmetic is in a liquid form and you take out the wand everytime you use it, the tendency is that bacteria will begin to form. You don't want an infection. Take note that not all high end brands deliver good products for all categories of makeup. For instance, MAC mascaras are not really favored compared to their eyeshadows and lipsticks. On the other hands, cheaper brands such as Maybelline offers a variety of mascaras at a reasonable prices.

I will be reviewing one of CoverGirl's famous mascaras.




PROS:
  • Looks so natural on me.
  • Gives my eyelashes some lift
  • Sturdy packaging
  • The wand is made of plastic; making it flexible. The wand's shape is great since it doesn't cause any clumping.
  • Does not smear, unless you rub your eyes
CONS:
  • It doesn't make my eyelashes super black
  • Not waterproof
Price: I am not sure because I got this from my mom. From the Internet, it ranges from $7-$9.
Rating: 4.75/5
Will I repurchase: Most definitely! I consider this my holy grail mascara. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment